DCS Prompt Payment Code
DCS has voluntarily signed up to the Prompt Payment Code and are proud to have had 30-day payment terms as standard since we started in business.
The Prompt Payment Code sets standards for payment practices and best practice. The code is administered by the Chartered Institute of Credit Management (CICM) on behalf of the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS).
Compliance with the principles of the Code is monitored and enforced by the Prompt Payment Code Compliance Board.
The Code covers prompt payment, as well as wider payment procedures.
DCS is committed to paying our entire supply chain on time, enabling them to do the same.
DCS is committed to paying our suppliers …
- within the terms agreed at the outset of the contract
- without attempting to change payment terms retrospectively
- without changing practice on length of payment for smaller companies on unreasonable grounds
DCS is committed to giving clear guidance to our suppliers…
- providing suppliers with clear and easily accessible guidance on payment procedures
- ensuring there is a system for dealing with complaints and disputes which is communicated to suppliers
- advising them promptly if there is any reason why an invoice will not be paid to the agreed terms
DCS encourages good practice by encouraging everyone in our supply chain to adopt the code throughout their own supply chains.
More information about the Prompt Payment Code can be found on the website at www.promptpaymentcode.org.uk