DCS Environmental Management Policy
Version 2.3 – May 2018
Decorative Concrete Specialists (DCS) recognises that construction has a profound impact on our natural environment, economy, health and productivity. The protection of the environment is one of our major responsibilities; it is a guiding principle in the operation of our business, and a key component in the measurement of our business performance.
As part of DCS’s Environmental Management Policy we will:
- Strive to continuously improve the way we conduct business with the objective of performing work while minimising the impact on the environment and ensuring compliance with the contract requirements, environmental laws and regulations.
- Effectively manage the use of hazardous materials and products, and ensure that effective measures are in place to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of.
- Develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs.
- Promote reduction, reuse and recycling in all of our activities.
- Promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our construction job sites including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources.
- Commit to restoration and rehabilitation of all temporary construction areas.
- Protect wetlands, streams, rivers, lakes and coastal waters, trees, vegetation, steep slopes and highly erodible soils.
- Integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into our decision making and activities.
To ensure that our EMS processes are established, implemented and maintained, our management team will regularly review our policies. As a way to continuously improve our processes and performance, we will additionally conduct periodic reviews and internal audits.
Through improvement, and through the education of our employees, DCS will raise the environmental awareness of our company culture in order to ensure that the protection of the environment is an integral part of our collective activities.